The end of week four brought a mad rush of material things to finish up for the Chad Curtis show.
Wednesday night, after instruction from Amy (the gallery director), we installed the title wall. This was the first time any of us interns had applied vinyl, and though it proved to be frustrating at times, I am thankful for the opportunity to have been involved in the process. We learned that applying to glass is much more difficult than applying to the wall...though vertically aligning all those orange bars wasn't too fun either. Now that the show is up, the next thing I need to do is to visit the gallery to properly document the title wall, so I have a high resolution image for my portfolio.
The last task for the show was designing the exhibition handout. Because Amy was so busy helping Chad Curtis install, I didn't receive the text I needed until 11pm the night before the show. Luckily I already had a concept for the layout of the handout, it was just a matter of making a lot of text fit in a small space. I've noticed a few things that I might change for my portfolio, but overall I am pleased with the outcome.
the exhibition handout